pod of poets

The pod of poets site is hot off the presses, so to speak, courtesy of ABC Radio National and the Poetica program. It's a series of eleven, 40-minute podcasts of Australian poetry, read by the authors - a mix of established and up-and-coming poets. The poets are: Robert Adamson, Les Murray, Joanne Burns, John Kinsella, Josephine Rowe, Craig Billingham, L.K. Holt, Aidan Coleman, Jayne Fenton Keane, Martin Harrison, Sam Wagan Watson, Kathryn Lomer, Esther Ottaway, John Clarke and Jordie Albiston.

I played some part in this one as it's one of the last projects I dreamed up and set in motion before leaving my arts bureaucrat job last year. I won't go into the ins and outs of it, but I do remember talking to Mike Ladd, Adelaide poet and da man at Poetica, about what a poetry podcast site might look like and how it might happen on a very hot March day last year in Adelaide. (Of course, it wasn't for me to decide the poets, but it's a pretty broad mix, as you can see.)

Anyway, my colleagues at Ozco kept on the case after I left, Mike and the ABC ran with it, and here 'tis. I hope it's a site that grows.

Comments

Popular Posts

vale Jackson Mac Low 1922-2004

Questions, but no answers: while editing a manuscript

here and now