ego reclothing

I’ll take grosgrain for free
or with bated breath
my sex appeal is my confidante
I’m waiting to wear the light frothy stuff
then trash the error
of blouses dumped in the wash
babies’ jackets before they’re born
and the next season’s flash waiting
for the first rains of the season
but also me -- i stink! ...
like a jerk with a camera
having more fun with underwear on
I am already excited
tho my dryer sucks
I’m prepared to shed most of my slacks
and pyjamas - “give it up”
my statement to the world!
knock out the tatt, buy up the rack
forget ambition or will-power
waiting for results
I want my old preen back
while I think about you
de-scaling five fashionistas
I’m waiting on one last ...
Please, off-the-shoulder, for free!

Comments

Popular Posts

vale Jackson Mac Low 1922-2004

Questions, but no answers: while editing a manuscript

questions, questions, questions - lyrically speaking