Just been reading one of my favourite magazines, The Wire -

"We're on the outside looking out."
- John Zorn, quoted by David Stubbs


"Epiphanies ruin everything, all the while leaving everything intact. The world you once knew has now gone for good, yet still it refuses to lie in ruins before you. It is consequently in the nature of an epiphany to illuminate its subject rather than the other way round. Its significance remains reflected at best. I can't imagine anyone wanting to stand for too long in so treacherous a light, but that's probably just me."
- Pianist Ken Hollings on first hearing Martin Denny's Quiet Village in 1981.


"I can't undersand why people are frightened by new ideas. I'm frightened of the old ones."
- John Cage

Comments

Popular Posts

vale Jackson Mac Low 1922-2004

Questions, but no answers: while editing a manuscript

here and now