Shortlist - 2004 Kenneth Slessor Poetry Prize

Here's the poetry books shortlisted for this year's Kenneth Slessor Poetry Prize, part of the NSW Premier's Literary Awards. (This is the gong I got last year, if I'm allowed to skite.)

Jordie Albiston, The Fall (White Crane Press)
Pam Brown, Dear Deliria: New & Selected Poems (Salt Publishing)
M.T.C. Cronin, beautiful, unfinished -PARABLE/SONG/CANTO/POEM (Salt Publishing)
Brook Emery, Misplaced Heart (Five Islands Press Pty Ltd)
Philip Hammial, In the Year of Our Lord Slaughter's Children (Island Press Co-
operative Ltd)
John Tranter, Studio Moon (Salt Publishing)

There's more info on all the awards at the NSW Ministry for the Arts site.

I won't be able to go to the awards dinner this year as I will be away. It's become a bit of a tradition for me. I was a member of the judging panel in 1995, I organised the awards in 1996 when I worked for the NSW Ministry for the Arts and then I got lucky last year. A strange kind of hat-trick, I reckon, seeing the process from all sides.



Comments

Popular Posts

vale Jackson Mac Low 1922-2004

Questions, but no answers: while editing a manuscript

questions, questions, questions - lyrically speaking