the living and the dead

"I seldom go out, but when I feel myself flagging I go and cheer myself up in Père Lachaise ... while seeking out the dead, I see nothing but the living." -Balzac

I've been writing and rewriting a press release for A's next photographic exhibition based on photographs she's taken in Paris cemeteries. Extraordinary places. The pix are great. More news on where and when (Sydney and Melbourne definitely) real soon.

And hence, have been writing about Parisian cemeteries (see poem about Montparnasse below). There are plans for this.

Père Lachaise on a sunny day is seductive (and cold when it's cold). I've never yet bothered with Jim Morrison's grave. I liked The Doors muchly but, no, never bothered with it.

Comments

Popular Posts

vale Jackson Mac Low 1922-2004

Questions, but no answers: while editing a manuscript

here and now